Skin Cancer Is On The Increase...
How To Find The Most Effective Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Skin Cancer
My name is Amanda and I decided to produce this website after my mother survived malignant melanoma twice. Other members of my family had developed squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma and I was told that my Irish fair skin placed me at an extremely high risk of developing a melanoma especially if I had suffered sunburn as a child.
Having spent many months researching this subject for my own peace of mind, I was shocked at the high level of ambiguous information made available for the public - especially on the internet.
Through this ambiguity, I and many other members of the public, have been led to believe that the cause of malignant skin growths was solely UV radiation. The culprit being from overexposure to either sunlight (causing sunburn), or from overuse and incorrect use of tanning beds. I believed, if somewhat naively, that after many years of sunbathing, there was an elevated risk of developing a skin lesion, i.e. a mole changing in appearance which may eventually develop into a malignant melanoma and possibly prove fatal.
I have brought together all the information I have researched and produced this website to raise awareness that reducing the risk of skin cancer is not simply a case of wearing a sunblock.
- About the team at skincancer-survivor.com
- Who is behind skincancer-survivor.com and what qualifies them to publish information on skin cancer?
- Is a cancerous mole the only cause of melanoma?
- A cancerous mole isn't the only cause of malignant melanoma. According to research, although rare, it may develop on a scar site or areas of long-term ulceration. It also happened to my mother.
- Types of Skin Cancer
- What exactly is skin cancer and what are the differences between the types of skin cancer?
- Basal Cell Carcinoma - The Facts
- Basal Cell Carcinoma, the most common skin cancer but know the warning signs.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma - The Facts
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma is a malignant skin cancer, developing internally and externally. Learn all about it here.
- Actinic Keratosis and how to spot if you have it.
- Actinic Keratosis now affects one in six people, these skin growths may develop into squamous cell cancer. This page will give you more information on how to spot if you might have it.
- Malignant Melanoma. Are You At Risk?
- Are you at risk of malignant melanoma? Many factors influence the cause of melanoma...learn how you can reduce your risk here.
- Melanoma Staging - The 3 Methods
- Melanoma staging is a complex process that uses 3 methods to determine how far advanced your Melanoma is.
- Recent Skin Cancer Research
- Recent skin cancer research has yielded some surprising options for treatment.
- What causes skin cancer?
- The truth about what causes skin cancer, save your children from developing it and learn how your environment may put you at risk.
- Actinic Cheilitis Facts
- Actinic Cheilitis is actually Actinic Keratosis but refers to premalignant skin lesions on the lower lip. It has the ability to develop into Squamous Cell Carcinoma so get it checked Now!
- Bowen's Disease - The Facts
- Bowen's Disease produces skin growths that can be more of a nuisance than anything else. However, it can lead to invasive squamous cell carcinoma, so should you leave it alone or have it removed?
- Leukoplakia and Erythroplakia
- Leukoplakia and Erythroplakia premalignant skin lesion facts.
- Squamous Skin Cancer and Chemical Exposure
- Squamous Skin Cancer can develop from chemical exposure, not just from the sun!
- Is Skin Cancer Hereditary?
- Is skin cancer hereditary? This article explores the possibility of skin cancer being passed through the genes, posing the question, does famillial skin cancer increase your risk of developing it?
- Tanning Beds And Skin Cancer...Is There A Relationship?
- The Confirmed Link Between Tanning Beds And Skin Cancer
- Cancer Causing Chemicals
- Cancer causing chemicals are everywhere in our environment. For more information on how you can develop squamous skin cancer, read here.
- Skin Cancer In Children
- Skin cancer in children is unlikely unless there is a medical reason such as radiotherapy or damaged DNA
- Signs of Skin Cancer
- Rare signs of skin cancer and unusual causes mean that we may be unaware of other signs to look for. The common 'ABCDE' method may not be enough to make sure we are looking for every possible sign.
- How To Prevent Skin Cancer - 20 Excellent Tips!
- How to prevent skin cancer - 20 excellent ways for reducing your risk.
- Sunscreen Facts - Reduce Your Risk of Skin Cancer Now!
- Sunscreen facts. Sunscreen does not fully protect your skin from harmful UV radiation, but read on to find out how to effectively use it to reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Current Melanoma Clinical Trial Information
- A melanoma clinical trial isn't for everyone. But for those which conventional treatments are not working, an experimental treatment may offer hope.
- Melanoma Symptoms - The 'Hidden' Facts
- Melanoma symptoms can mimic the common cold or hemorrhoids . Because some melanomas are 'hidden' skin growths, it's important to be aware of any changes in strange areas.
- The Cause Of Melanoma - It's Not Just About The Sun Anymore.
- Nobody knows the true cause of melanoma, however, it is prudent to be aware of all causal effects to minimise the risk of developing this disease.
- Complimentary And Alternative Medicine
- Complimentary and alternative medicine - A look at themost popular therapies and how they may benefit the skin cancer patient.
- skincancer-survivor.com contact page
- skincancer-survivor.com contact us page.
- Skin Cancer Survivor Blog
- Visit the skin cancer survivors blog NOW for interesting new articles and up-to-date information on skin cancer research.
- Malignant Melanoma Treatment
- Malignant Melanoma Treatment Options and Methods
- Prognosis for Melanoma with Survival Rates
- The prognosis for melanoma may seem shocking but if caught early, many can be as good as cured.
- Fast Facts About Sunscreen - 5 Things You Absolutely MUST Know!
- Top 5 Fast Facts About Sunscreen - Find out the truth about sunscreen!
- Chemicals That Cause Cancer
- Some commonly found chemicals that cause cancer - coal tar product, arsenic, soot, creosote, paraffin wax, motor oil etc.
- Ingredients In Sunscreen
- Ingredients in sunscreen - the difference between chemical, natural & organic sunscreen.
- Effects Of Sunscreen On Babies
- Sunscreen on babies - Why you should not use a sunscreen on babies under 6 months old.
- Sunscreen and Acne
- Sunscreen and acne or sunscreen and rosacea. How to protect your skin without irritating it further.
- Scalp Sunscreen
- Scalp sunscreen - Find out how to help prevent skin cancer developing and hiding away under the hair on your scalp.
- Sunscreen Allergies
- Sunscreen allergies - protect your skin from harmful UV radiation without causing a rash.
- Skin Cancer Survivor Website Sitemap
- Alternative Skin Cancer Treatment Methods And Their Safety.
- Popular alternative skin cancer treatment, - what they are and are they safe?
- Basic Alexander Technique And It's Benefits For Skin Cancer Patients
- The Basic Alexander Technique and how it may benefit the skin cancer patients
- Massage For Cancer Patients
- Massage for cancer patients. Why massage is so beneficial and which massage is best for skin cancer sufferers.
- Cancer And Stress Management Strategies
- Cancer and stress management strategies. Learn about easing the stress of cancer, with tips on stress management techniques.
- Advantages Of Aromatherapy
- Advantages of aromatherapy, does aromatherapy really work for the cancer patient and aromatherapy product recommendations.
- About Bach Flowers and Bachs Rescue Remedy
- About Bach Flowers and Bachs Rescue Remedy. A complimentary therapy to help with cancer and stress.
- Ayurvedic Cancer Treatment
- Ayurvedic Cancer Treatment - A balance of mind, body and soul through massage, diet and natural remedy.
- Meditation For Cancer Related Stress
- Meditation for cancer related stress, how to meditate for beginners and the best time to meditate.
- Surviving Cancer And Counselling
- Surviving cancer and counselling. What is counselling, the importance of counselling for stress management.
- Exercise Reduces Stress And Aids Recovery
- Exercise Reduces Stress And Aids Recovery For Melanoma Patients
- Fighting Cancer With Nutrition
- The benefit of fighting cancer with nutrition.